The Ernest Warther Museum promotes, protects, and celebrates its singular collection through a means of engaging, connecting, and inspiring visitors to the world of an artist and create personal connections to art in unmeasurable ways. As a museum that owns the home, studio, and collection of a single artist, EWM is one of the few museums in the world that captures the depth and sincerity of an artist while simultaneously bringing to life not just the works in the collection but the spirit of the artist himself as he lived.
The Ernest Warther Museum & Gardens is built around the original location of Ernest and Frieda's home, his original workshop, and the first museum which opened on May 10th, 1936 in their backyard. Beginning in 1913, Ernest Warther began a life of sculpting the history of the steam engine through hand carvings.
The museum is owned and operated by third and fourth generation family members to share, educate, and delight visitors with the works compiled and created by both Ernest and Frieda Warther to invoke passion, determination, and admiration for the beauty of their art.